Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 1 in Rome

Do you plan an itinerary for your holiday?

A quick Google search about Rome turned my head into goop which made me decide:
Four days in Rome, I'll see what I'll see. 
Printed a Rome Attractions map that very morning, nonetheless, and off we went.

It's also all about being spontaneous, isn't it.
Our first day in Rome was meant for chillaxing and to find our bearings, as The Hubs geared himself up for long work days, in the next 2 days.

I was particularly impressed with Hotel San Anselmo that Hubs booked us into, which is located near the Piramide metro station.

The Pyramid of Cestius, circa 12 BC
Voila. A few minutes away from the hotel. No surprise as to how the metro station got its name.

It was an easy walk along the streets -- but clutching our hearts in our hands as we tried to cross them -- and we found ourselves at these unexplained places:




IMG_0894









Not bad for an afternoon's walk!
And yay! We made it to Rome! :D

4 comments:

  1. mouthwatering pictures and a gorgeous hotel ... I want to go toooooooooooooooooo ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to see a lot in only one afternoon! ..and before the heavens opened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rome is my favourite city in Europe and you've captured it beautifully! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)