With school out of the way, I was eager to see to one of my goals for the year.
Sew a garment!
This was what I got up to in the first few days of Christmas/New Year's break.
1. Use a piece of batik cloth.
2. Sew properly, i.e. follow a sewing pattern.
3. Acquire a new technique with this project.
Materials and Methods:
1. One piece of batik cloth: 1.7m long by 1.2m wide.
2. New Look Easy 6359 vintage sewing pattern.
The batik cloth came with size limitations. While it was too much for a blouse, it was just right for a short dress or tunic. I wanted to use as much of it as possible, hence the batik neckline, sleeve borders, and big pockets.
I have little bits of plain white scraps left, as well as some self-made biased tape of this purple print.
2. The Sewing Pattern
New Look Easy 6359 pattern was selected, as a tunic with sleeves would have been nice. It also let me use up as much of the batik material as possible.
With this pattern, I have learnt how to set in sleeves.
1. The resulting tunic -- of supposedly my size -- turned out too big. The pleats at the front and back of the neckline were the consequence. Perhaps I measured myself wrongly :D
It's still wearable. One of my following tasks would be to learn how to fix patterns.
2. The inside seams were all serged/overlocked and tidy. Hooray!
3. I am pleased about meeting all the Objectives of this project.