Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Maurmer Wine at Stall-Stube Maur

Maurmer Wine @Stall-Stube Maur
Maurmer Wine
Who knew that a modest little place like Maur would be producing wine? I didn't. We didn't.
Not until last Saturday when we headed over to a local barn-style restaurant called Stall-Stube Maur.

Image is taken from Stall-Stube Maur.
Website: http://www.stallstube-maur.ch/

The wine was lovely and the food was great too.
As the menu came in the adorable Swiss-German, I've learnt something new that evening:
Mistchratzerli
As my neighbour explained,
Mist = the dirt on the ground, (also Mist in Deutsch) and
Chratzer = to scratch (kratzen in Deutsch).

That was my dinner for that evening; an animal that scratches the dirt. Take a guess :D

6 comments:

  1. Was it CHICKEN? Though, horses do paw at the ground. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying the good life!!!
    Thank God there was chicken on the menu, but also pigs are dirty animals!
    Love the informal look of the Stube! We have Stube in Sued-Tirol too..they're German speaking of course :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... your neglected piece of land ... well why not plant grapes ;-)))
    Maurmer Wein with an asiatic touch ! yummy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps : reading the menucard is just so much fun and mouthwatering !

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I'm so glad I lived in Germany and not Switzerland. Regular German was hard enough!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)