Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grindelwald and a Spontaneous Hike

12.Jun.11 Grindelwald

12.Jun.11 Grindelwald

12.Jun.11 Grindelwald

12.Jun.11 Grindelwald

Did you know that in our 3 years of residence in Switzerland, Hubs and I never visited Grindelwald?
Over the last weekend, we decided to soak some sunshine with a spontaneous drive to Grindelwald, and to take a little hike from there.

Grindelwald is said to be the most tourist-ed mountain resort in this area, and it definitely looked like it.

After a quick look at the map over our morning coffee at a restaurant, the trails on the map suggested hours.
Little hike indeed.
We wanted to be spontaneous, right?
So we chose the trail that led from Grindelwald Grund to Kleine Scheidegg.

 ( Source )
Let's just say that if you want a good hike, you've got to plan and prepare for it.

We made it to Alpiglen in 1hr 30min. With another 1hr 30min to 2hr, we could have reached Kleine Scheidegg, according to the hiking signs. But we had a timed parking lot* waiting for us back in Grindelwald, so back down from Alpiglen it was.

*Grindelwald is the only resort that is reachable by car.

Grindelwald -- check.
Where to next month?

Links:

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a glorious day for a hike! I love Grindelwald! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that's amazing, I did Catbells in the English Lakes on Sunday and these pictures completely eclipse it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photographs, what awe inspiring scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL!!!! I LOVE the mountains, the Alps are just simply amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks gorgeous! I'm a rubbish walker - but I would like to do more! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Epps ... what a fun, spontaneous adventure, and so close to your backyard too! The images are breath-taking!

    ♥ Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  7. ..are you taking only 1 roadtrip per month??? Crazy cow!!!
    The picture of the shops could be mistaken for one taken in your travels in the Far East! :D
    Please more Swiss corners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Juanita! Beautiful photos! How I miss Switzerland. sigh...

    by the way, stop by my blog for my first giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :-) just must of seen a lot of asian people in Grindelwald ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So it's basically the same as Interlaken it seems. I'm not much of a large hiker. I'm more of the take the mountain train/gondola. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely photos. I can't wait to visit Switzerland again. No other countryside compares with those breath-taking views of that amazing country!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)