Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pfannenstiel. Panhandle.

29.May.11 Pfannenstiel
Pfannenstiel
29.May.11 Pfannenstiel
@ Pfannenstiel
( Source )

Tower @ Pfannenstiel ( Source )

Had it not been for our very friendly Swiss neighbours, Pfannenstiel would still remain unknown to us. It's a quiet and beautiful mountain spot that reminds me of Üetliberg, but a little more remote, maybe. And yes, Pfannenstiel means panhandle. There are Wanderweg trails, and I would love to return again to explore them.

Links worth visiting, or to find out more:

6 comments:

  1. next time ... meeting with my mother on the Pfannestiel ;-)talking real Schwiezerduutsch !;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the Pfannenstiel from work, but your post convinced me to climb it again soon... The view on Lake Zürich and Greifensee is truly amazing from the top!

    Thanks for this nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! It makes me want to sing "...the hills are aliiiiiivee...". :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooooove Pfannenstiel! I go there every Sunday for a long walk with the dog. You missed a great Holzerwettkampf there last weekend. I have put some photos of the event on my blog if you want to check out. You must try and go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is gorgeous. My poor husband is going to be dragged to this on his next day off. :) Are first real date was to one of these in Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)