Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Orange Pakistani Tunic Makeover

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic; Size L
Orange tunic, size L versus Maroon tunic, size S.

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover: Size L
How much bigger? This much, on each side.

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover: Visual plan.
The visual plan...

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover: Cut the sleeves, and interfaced sleeve edges.
Cut the sleeves, and interfaced (stiffened) the edge bands.

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover: Pleating the sleeve.
Because I find pleating easier*!
*Easier than making small gathers.

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover: some spare elastic...
Hmm. To shirr or not to shirr a waistband...
I had some elastic left that was perfect for the job.

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover: Not liking the collar.
NOT loving the collar, after all that was done.
So, off with it.
And there's lots more leftover sleeve to spare.

08.Mar.11 Pakistani orange tunic makeover: After.
Tada!
All in a day's work!

I know how repetitive and obsessive this must look,
but the orange tunic was bought on impulse.
It finally saw the light of day!

And I know, a large size, what was I thinking.
But all the more material to work with.

Not to worry, you won't be seeing any more of these strange-coloured tunics;
I just have these 2.
Phew, right?

So, yay oder nay?


7 comments:

  1. If you can enlarge clothing ... wel I can send you a lot ... as I grown on weight toooo much, nothting fits anymore.
    It's just gorgeous what you did with these tunics !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever with these alterations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. How cool are you. What a great job. Could you come over and do some for me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love what you did shirring the waste and the neckline. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's beautiful! :D I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...you are too good at alterations -where did you learn to do all this? I wish I could do the same!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)