Saturday, February 19, 2011

Waves Fold over / Fold top messenger bag. Saturday Shopping Day.

May I present you my bag project of the week:
'Waves messenger bag'.


It is a fold-over (or fold-top) style bag,
which I was really pleased to discover-while-I-make-it.

And ta-da, there are large pockets at the front.



Straps are modestly made from scratch,
and adjustable too.



This is the last of this batik print that you will see, I promise,
as I have no more of it.


And, because I know how we all love behind the scenes,
here's some:

DSC03057
Playing around with the scrap, and cutting some linen up along the way.

DSC03059
Decided on a button, and I was to make a long, adjustable strap from scratch.

DSC03060
The overlock machine (serger) was put to good use,
as it neatened and reinforced the interior of the bag.
DSC03061
Figured the way to make the straps join to the bag,
followed by making of the bag lining.

DSC03062
Tiny pieces of batik did not go to waste.
These were the finishing touches!
Hope you like it!
Now in my shop, http://www.etsy.com/listing/68356296/waves-messenger-bag-fold-over-fold-top

Please see more Saturday Shopping Day posts hosted by zsazsazsu, here: http://zsazsazsujuwelen.blogspot.com

10 comments:

  1. more than gorgeous this bag ! Superquality handmade !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bag! Really feminine messenger! Love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous and so well made!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the bag big or is the lovely model who is tiny?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Juanita,
    What a fab bag! You're so good at sewing - just thinking about getting the sewing machine out brings me out in a cold sweat....
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a talented lady missy!!! Love the bag and the skirts below...xxx

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)