Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stein am Rhein

7.Aug.10 Stein am Rhein
{ Looking at Stein am Rhein }

7.Aug.10 Stein am Rhein
{ It was a Saturday }

7.Aug.10 Stein am Rhein
{ Old Town }

7.Aug.10 Stein am Rhein
{ Cat in a clam shell }

Hubs and I had a 'Spontaneous Saturday' trip. Just pointing a finger to the map, we've decided to head for Stein am Rhein, with the train. I've had no idea what Stein am Rhein had to offer, but that name does ring a bell. So off we went, and while at Stein am Rhein, we just followed the signs that led to the Altstadt.

It's great to visit a place with no expectations.

Here's Wikipedia to help us make sense of the pictures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stein_am_Rhein

We then boarded the boat from Stein am Rhein, and headed for Schaffhausen. From Schaffhausen, we headed home to Maur, and returned to 2 pussycats that didn't even realise we were away that afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Sehr schoen!
    You were missing the alpine landscape, weren't you?!

    P.S.please, now show us your Singaporean purchases..I want to see your Chanel bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Die Rheinfall in Schaffhausen ! Beautiful, lovely pics !!!! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. we went on a trip down the Rhein years ago, it was magical, thank you for sharing.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! What an amazing place! I want to go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It never ceases to amaze me the beautifully painted and decorated buildings the Swiss have. It's like a fairy tale country! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)