Saturday, June 19, 2010

Handmade Ceramic Buttons by JuanitaTortilla


I used to go to a Pottery workshop in the Gemeindeschaftzentrum of Wipkingen, downtown Z├╝rich, on Wednesday evenings. It was fun, as I was new to ceramics and glazes and also just to hang out with friends.

Now that I'm living outside the city, I haven't made plans to return to the workshop, since it will take me an hour to get to Wipkingen. Much longer, if not timed perfectly. Anyhow, I made a few buttons, and I have these nice ones up for sale! Hope you like them.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh fab love the ones in the top right corner, very beautiful. I used to love when we did clay in school. My parents still have the pufferfish teapot I made in junior high. It's never held tea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh i love 'em - i used to do pottery but never managed to get any decent buttons without filling the holes with glaze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your buttons are beautiful Juanita! I have had a go makeing fimo ones, but they are not half as impressive as yours! Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly are multi-talented, the buttons are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are talented! The only thing I can craft is a bookmark; and that's only by ripping a piece of paper in half and sticking it at my page. Cute buttons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! They seem to be inspired by Sicilian ceramics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girly girl.
    I missed out on your blog for a while! Venice looks great, and you look like you had tons of fun!

    And loving those ceramic buttons you made. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pitty that it is soo far to attend to the next workshops, I feel sad for you. But you have the skills .. so why don't you make a lot of things and go only once a month so you can fired the things you made and see your potteryfriends ?

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)