Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Moving Out of Your Swiss Home: Place Ads

Provide details.
If you are like us, and need to find a replacement tenant (or 3) for your current lease, there are 2 sites I can tell you off-hand where you can advertise. Sites that you can advertise, freely.


1. Uni-ETH Marktplatz Whiteboard.
Since our apartment was located in downtown Zürich, and nearby a university campus + airport, the Uni-ETH Marktplatz Whiteboard made most sense for us to post in.

Very quickly, I was contacted by 5 interested parties, in just 2 days.

2. The English Forum.

The English Forum works great as well. We've found our apartments (previous, and current one) through the English Forum. Passing an apartment from one expat to another seems easy*°.

*Or maybe, that's just us. Our replacements happen to also be expats. So were the tenants before us.
°With other avenues, such as Homegate, or open markets: We haven't had much luck.

9 comments:

  1. ..I thought this blog was uninhabited..
    Did you write your advertisement on the 1st site auf Deutsch?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juanita,
    Thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, good lead! We are in the process of finding a new place, so I'll be checking out the expat forum one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting sites ... for students that want to come to der Schöne Schweiz for study !
    Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juanita, you need to tell us more about Maur. Is this a small town near Zurich? I'm curious about your decision to move of there... Is Fluufs ok now after all the changes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Juanita! Very interesting tips here! Happy weekend to you! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you, I hope that life calms down for you soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received my jewelry today! YAY! I love it! The necklace is gorgeous and the earrings are precious, too! I am wearing the necklace right now! Thank you so much! I will enjoy it! HUGS! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)