Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Bread A Month : February's Butterzopf

February is the month for Butterzopf. I love Butterzopf!
17.May.2009_ZopfTopf
Butterkopf from that Bakery.

I've usually made Butterzopf right out from those convenient flour packs,  and I consider that cheating.
The bread book did not provide me with a 'Butterzopf' recipe, so I made do with a Sweet Dough recipe.

SweetDough_1
It made me do this, which might be the Batter, or Sponge, or Sponge and dough method.
I doubled the fresh yeast, as I intended to freeze half of the fresh dough.

SweetDough_2
So this is my first Braided Sweet Dough!

10 comments:

  1. You consider making your Butterzopf from the package cheating? Hmmm. Shall I admit that I just pop into the local bakery for mine? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooooooove this bread ! Even my husband knows how to make it ! I didn't know that there even was a mix on the market to make it.
    Yummy yummy yummy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butter Twist in english? I love the one. How long does it take for baking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! When my mum goes shopping to Lidl she always buys Butterzopf!
    I'm very impressed by your Zopf/tresse/treccia/plait :)
    In our bakeries we've just boring milk-bread..ever tried bread with your beloved raisins when you went to CinqueTerre or Milan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great. i can´t believe that was your first try. you are one talented girl! besos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks really fluffy inside, grand job! My mouth is watering now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum yum yum! Like I've said before, this is my absolute favorite bread! Yours looks great! Nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOKS amazing...so light and fluffy!
    Thanks for sharing sweet Juanita!
    HUGS
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw your bread looks delicious! I like your calendar with each month posted. and I see tortillas on there.yum.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It look nice... Has it the taste of a butterzopf? No, because me, it took me a while to have the perfect one and honnestly, I need the butterzopf flour of Migros... And It's not cheating it juste a mix between wheat flour and spelt flour...

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)