Thursday, January 7, 2010

Me, "Domestic Goddess"? Never.

I was once accused of calling myself a "domestic goddess". Very wrongfully accused.
Domestic Engineer? Yes, all the time. But "goddess"? Never.

I am a Domestic Engineer, that is just going about her domestic life, engineering and experimenting little domestic projects, and they often do fail.

13.Dec.09 Kuih Tutu
Kuih Tutu that were over-done -- too much water in the dough, and not enough cooking time.

Dec.31.09 Gnocchi that was not.
Gnocchi that was not -- I've forgotten to add eggs.

11 comments:

  1. I am throughly un-domesticated... its jsut that cooking is in my blood... I'm a terrible terrible housewife...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute your nok-kee, even if you forgot eggs :))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teeheeee..........
    So what, even the bestest chefs make mistakes occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your phrase 'domestic engineer' - not intimidating, unlike the goddess one! A blog I like, which currently seems to be abandoned, is called 'Domestic Novice' and I like that description, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, but you are the Queen of Domestic Engineers! Your experiments are unique!
    Humbly
    Dottoressa Juanita (here in Italy everybody is Doctor!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dont care. Cooking is challanging;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. :) It still looks yummy. It's an altered recipe.
    It's been so long since I've been here. I think I'll make some tea and stay around for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH...I haven't ever added eggs to my gnocchi.
    GREAT post...goddess! lol.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  9. you still win over me in the "godess" stakes - my food comes from the freezer i just pop it in the oven and wander off till i smell burning ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! So funny! I have Nigella's book "How to Be a Domestic Goddess"! I find the title brilliant, although I am sure I will never be a Goddess of anything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right! I don't think anyone can call themselves a "domestic goddess" because they can't do everything perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)