Friday, January 15, 2010

Happy 101

10 things that make you happy

Right off the bat,
  1. Nice surprises, big or small.
  2. Receiving mail -- snail mail, or e-mail.
  3. Fluffy coming into the office for a little brush against my leg. He is not an affectionate, cuddly cat. So, for him to look for me is a big, big sign.
  4. My very modest IKEA sewing machine. It is not fancy. All the more proud of how I am able to make things with it.
  5. "Meeting" genuine people off the internet. You few.
  6. Making things for people, and getting recognition. Although I've learned not to expect anything.
  7. Watching animal videos, and seeing farm animals. All the time!!!
  8. My voice of reason, a.k.a The Hubs.
  9. Going for bike rides / walks with The Hubs.
  10. This frugal life, and how I am not swayed by brands and consumerism.
I cannot tag or nominate 10 people for this, because I don't think there are 10 readers to this blog :)

But thank you for this tag, my Curious Cat!!! I enjoyed thinking about these 10 things this early Friday morning. It is a good reminder.

11 comments:

  1. I certainly agree with most of those...apart from I don't have a cat and my sewing machine is modest too... but a slightly different make!
    Have a lovely weekend!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well-deserved award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you there on the nice surprises - whatever they are. Just a small effort on someone elses part can go such a long way.. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award, and on a great list. Chanel is a bit like Fluffy - recognition from him is quite a sign of respect! So different from the poor, fawning dog... I really am a cat person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your list, I have just been tagged too! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats a really good list! I am with you on so many of the points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely list and I'm totally with you on no.6! well done on your award x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pls add chocolate and sunshine for me on the list ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely list. I definitely relate to the "cat rubbing against the leg" - a rare occasion for my house hold too.

    Point #6 is interesting, as I've run into this several times as well.

    Which reminds me, the "Cat herders" clip is my all time fave ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speaking of #6, pop on over for a big thank you for a wonderful gift you sent me. I found a couple of people I'd forgotten to properly thank with the Christmas rush and then the holidays. Of course I love it all and am proudly wearing your pretty bracelet right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list! I absolute agree with point 10!
    Have a wonderful (and frugal) weekend!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)