Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Vegetable Query: Pumpkin / Squash

Let's talk about the good fellas of the Fall/Autumn season: Pumpkin / Squash, Kürbis, one is called here.

Lovely, sweet pumpkin pies aside,
The Hubs and I love to have pumpkin the way it is --
simply baked and seasoned with oil and salt.
DSC07936
( For me, I just love the fuss-free, no-frills 'stick-them-in-the-oven' simplicity. )

But something different came along yesterday.
Where have you been all my life, Kürbissuppe? (Pumpkin Soup)
Nov.29.2009
Thank you, wonderful ladies in the Teehütte along the Planet Trail of Uetliberg!

I will be making us some Kürbissuppe as part of dinner tonight.
'Tis the season for soups!
And rain, and snow, and tissues...

Any good Pumpkin recipes to share?

6 comments:

  1. Let us know if someone sends you a good recipe. I tried one at a restaurant recently, but it was too brothy. I think I'd prefer one that is more like pumpkin puree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baked pumpkin just seasoned with salt and pepper and drizzled with olive oil. Goes nicely with grilled goat cheese on a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about having some Risotto?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM, all the things you've mentioned already, plus putting cubes of it into an oven dish, covering with a thick cheese sauce and more grated cheese on top, and baking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, pumpkin soup is the best in cold weather. The risotto idea sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pumpkin Pie

    I made one last Thanksgiving with a ginger-chocolate crust, but the crust was a bit dry, need to work on that but overall it was good!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)