Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pandan Experiment: Pulot Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice)

The first of my so-called 'Pandan Experiment': Pulot Hitam, as I've always known it to be, is otherwise known as Black Glutinous Rice Pudding/Porridge.

As its name suggests, it involves 1 part black glutinous rice*, and 4-6 parts water.
*Soaked rice in water, for over 30 minutes.
A blade of Pandan leaf makes it appearance: Tie it into a knot, and boil it with Rice + Water.
After simmering for an hour...
Sweeten this black rice porridge with sugar, according to your taste.
And the cooking process is now done!

My Pulot Hitam sans coconut cream.
This sweet dessert is usually served with coconut cream.

Here is a beautiful presentation I found from the web:
Picture via Seasaltwithfood, here.

I must warn you of what will happen to your wooden utensil.

Satisfied Pandan Experiment #1. There will be a #2!

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious and so creamy! I bet Fluffly is still licking its whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting! You got me very intrigued.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)