Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What This Blog is About


The brief time away from Blog-land made me reflect on some things : What this blog means to me; what I blog about; what I want to blog about. Does the number of Followers bother me? Have I become just-another-blog that people click 'Follow', but do not care for?

I enjoyed the blog break. As a matter of fact, I've been thinking, 'I don't want to blog anymore, because I don't need to.'

Soon will be my 6th year of blogging, and that is too much of a sentiment to just give it all up.

To make the long story short, I will keep doing what I've been doing.
This is my space to show-and-tell, to lament, to brag, to ask. Most important of all, to connect with people.


Allow me to introduce myself again:

  • I am Juanita, a self-declared Domestic Engineer.
  • I cook (for my Husband and self, and occasional Visitors);
  • I craft (make Jewellery, Sew, Knit, Crochet, and hopefully, Felt, and to Draw and Paint again);
  • I sell and give away my hand-crafted items online;
  • I can barely keep my plants alive;
  • I enjoy visiting new places;
  • I love to receive Mail, and our Fluffy cat; and,
  • I blog about these things.


12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the illustration! I hope you do more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that you can barely keep yor plants alive made me laughing a lot!!!
    This is your space and you don't have to justify yourself! We love you as you are! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on keeping plants alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And please keep on doing and being all the above...

    Something strange happened to me in my 30s - I began to keep plants alive. Perhaps it will happen to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up trying to keep plants alive about 5 years ago! I enjoy your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, had me worried there for a moment.

    Hmmm, when I was in my 20s I practially had an indoor jungle. But those were the days of macrame plant holders, when everybody had the most gorgeous houseplants. These days my green fingers have gone somewhat brown, like a lot of my plants. Perhaps I should blame too much blogging and not enough watering, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been considering stop blogging too. Actually, I've posted less and less, which made me think that maybe this is it.

    As for your blog, I am sure people do read it and miss you when you are away. I did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and we're glad you do!

    Love your artwork. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew, I thought this was going to be it! Keep doing your thang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Juanita, do whatever you wish with your blog; but don't give up!...I'll be always happy to stop by!!!
    big hugs
    Juanita(he,hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so glad that you liked youe swap!i still wear my jewellery on an almost daily basis!
    ooh and i cant keep plants alive or cook hehe

    rachel
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww this is a cute blog!!! this is truly a blog appreciation :}

    i honestly thought you were going to stop blogging and i got sad :[

    also thank you for the birthday greeting!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)