Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank You for joining me at ISB's Winter Market!

Dear Friends,
Thank you for "walking alongside me" yesterday,
... as we travelled 88 km. from Z├╝rich to Basel SBB,
then hopped on to a tram.
We were excited to find that the school was right next to the tram stop. It was a good thing I did my homework!
We were there early, at 14:00 hr.
Lisa, my contact at ISB, showed us to the table.
We really took our time to set up...
... and thought, this ought to do it.
The other vendors were quick to set up. And oh my, did you see the massive number of stalls in the Assembly Hall? There was the children's orchestra as well.
These business cards sure came in handy.

It was an afternoon of a varied English accents. I was almost lost for words!
It was dark out by 18:30 hr, and we rushed home with big smiles on our faces, knowing that we've met people, made some sales, and most important of all, these proceeds were going to charities.

I like to give credit where credit is due:
Had it not been for Etsy.com, Lisa from the International School (Basel) would not have stumbled upon my store and Website, and to have given me this wonderful opportunity! So, thank you Etsy, and Lisa!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day out! Oh and your new business cards look so professional! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic, Juanita! What a good way to help charities and to make new contacts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juanita,
    Glad you had a fab day. Your photos were great too, although I was pretty sad to see "my" old tram stop there - really miss Aesch & Basel and in particular my ex-pat friends. Pop over to my blog - you may be interested in my latest post!
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day! And your business cards are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Cool - sounds like you had a rewarding and fun day! Do you know how much money was raised? You are so generous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!! I wish I could have gone and come see ya! May be next time! :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)