Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ladies Night Out @Bar Fuss Bar, Frauenbad


Outside pool, by the river.


Outside pool, by the river.


The dance "corner", inside.


DJ's baby.


Inside pool. The water is, river water that is "connected" to the river outside.


Inside pool, and that dancing corner.


Outside pool. The view at 10pm.


10:35pm. Bye bye 'Bar fuss bar'.


What comes to your mind when I say "ladies night out"? It really wasn't what you were thinking.
Last Sunday, I joined 3 female colleagues (The Hub's colleagues, of course) for a glass of wine at Bar Fuss Bar. My *first* night out. Alone. To a place where there's music!

"Bar Fuss Bar" is at Frauenbad, that ladies-only sunbathing joint in Zurich. By night -8pm on Wednesdays and Sundays- Frauenbad becomes a bar. Guys are allowed, naturally.

It clearly is not a meat market, as you can tell from the pictures. And you know what I like about this place?
You don't smell like smoke at the end of the night!

After a glass of wine, and lots of chatter and laughs, I left Bar Fuss Bar a little after 10:30pm. Fluffy gave me an earful for returning home at 11pm!
Barfussbar Programme: http://www.barfussbar.ch/tanz.php
Jeden Sonntag vom Mitte Mai bis Mitte September kann man in der barfussbar unter freiem Himmel tanzen. Von 20.00 bis 23.00 Uhr (Barbetrieb bis 24.00 Uhr)

Every Sunday from Mid-May to Mid-September... Dance under the sky...
From 8.00 to 11.00 PM.
Entrance fee: 15 CHF.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! Thank you very much for sharing this... I was looking for some good bar with music to go with my husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! What a characterful place. I'm glad you had a good night out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi juanita,

    it sounds like mr fluffy is the boss in your house!? ...and it sounds like you had a lovely night, there's nothing like a glass of wine and good chat... :)

    oh, and thank you very much for stopping by my blog... i'm really pleased you like my wall of pot holders... i'll add you to the list of ladies who love a bit of 'granny chic'... :)

    have a great day,
    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Juanita! I enjoyed for some years going out we "girls" alone; until two sisters in law had a feud: the group has been splited in two, so now we go out once with one and the next time with the other, so they can't meet!lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great. I have been wanting to go to this place just to swim but I like the idea of the bar and dancing too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it looks great. I love that pool!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)