Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sister's Visit: Day 2: Zürich, and Brockiland.

This is a little recap of my sister's visit from a few weeks ago.
Day 2 = May 19 2009.
We had a lazy morning and hearty breakfast.
It was another visit downtown.

My sister likes shopping.
I enjoyed our tea break at Manora restaurant in the Manor store.
The Manora restaurant has a great view as well.

The abundance of water fountains (fresh! water! from the Alps!) in this city never ceases to impress her.
Through with Bahnhofstrasse, we boarded a brand new Tram #13.

Off we went to Brockiland!
"Where to start?"
We spent a little while there.

This leather suitcase caught her fancy.

Um, not only just that suitcase.
If you're ever interested in heading to that incredible Brockiland yourself,
this is the nearest bus-stop to alight at.

Apart from my mum, I have yet to meet someone who dislikes thriftshopping.
Are you one?

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun during your sister's stay. :) I want a slurp from the milkshake in one of the pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, dislike thrift-shopping!? Natuerlich nicht! We Swiss love a bargain! When I was younger, my dad would take me to all kinds of different "Brockehuus" around Zuerich. Fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, would you believe that the strawberry thing you see is mousse? Thick, creamy mousse that you can scoop and devour... Yes, the Swiss really do spoil my sweet tooth. I just can't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Esque, do you know, it was only living in Zuerich that I've experienced the euphoria of thrift-shopping? I wish I had known that sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I guess thriftiness is essential in Switzerland too - when Ben spent two weeks there in May we practically had to take out a second mortgage to cover his work expenses until they were reimbursed! I know I've said it already, but I am so loving your present... I put the buttons into my collection yesterday and took some photos, which I'll post when I've recovered from next Saturday's party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i'd get as big as a house if i lived in switzerland - to many yummy things to eat - and i LOVE thrift shopping and flea markets who doesn't love a bargain?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sees like a lovely day! I still haven't met anyone who blogs and dislikes thrifting. the two topics seem to be very connected ;)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)