Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sister's Visit: Day 1

This is a little recap of my sister's visit from a few weeks ago.
Day 1 = May 18 2009.

When my sister arrived Zürich, we took the train home from the airport. One beauty of this city and country:
Very efficient trains that bring you for Point A to B, door to door (almost).

Yes, I have to admit it is a very long address.

I then had to leave for a German class, so there was a couple of hours for my sister to rest at home.
Fluffy thinks, "Who are you, what do you want, and what are you doing in my house."

I was delighted with the food-gifts from Singapore and Bangkok (a stopover).


Being Day 1, and after a long flight, I thought it was best we took it easy. Off to Niederdorf we went,

and we hit the pet store.

My sister had plans to visit Finland, so we spent the afternoon wandering between travel shops, and considering her flight options.

This was also the first for me: Polizei on bikes.

A few snapshots taken at Niederdorf:



I did say it was an easy afternoon.

Stay tuned for: Sister's Visit: Day 2.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Have a fun fun time. Great pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I saw that cow too last week in Niederdoerfli! Have you noticed how awesome it smells right around there?!
    Which language school are you attending? Trying to figure out where to send my hubby :)
    Enjoy spending time with your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking me for a walk around where you live - everything looks really neat and in order. It's a funny animal from that pet store..! Finland is nice and very different, I liked the time (although very short) I spent there.. I will post the reply to your tag tomorrow morning hopefully - too much going on at work these days :( - thanks for tagging me, I enjoy thinking about the subject and looking for the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like the start to a very fun visit !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zürich is such a pretty city. Thanks for sharing the pics!

    BTW - we have a huge Asian supermarket down the street from us. If you ever need some food goodies, just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)