Monday, June 29, 2009

How was your weekend? {Wie war dein Wochenende?}

One thing I enjoy on a Monday, is catching up on blogs and seeing what you all have done over the weekend. They vary so much! This was my weekend:



  • It poured last Saturday morning, so The Hubs and I stayed in and tended to our projects. What's knitting? Possibly something for a swap I'm currently involved in.
  • I also made couscous for the first time; Couscous with Vegetable & Chicken Sausage stew.
  • The clouds broke away in the evening, and we stretched our legs for a little bit, checking up on our neighbourly Dutch belted cows, and speculated on this new crop. Any idea what this crop could be? I'm taking guesses.


  • Sunday was a little busier. We were expecting guests for lunch at 1pm, so I merely started cooking at 10. The guests were The Hub's Boss' family of wife and 4 little ones. Janice, my husband's new Ph.D. student came over too.
  • Our guests brought us a bundle of Hydrangea, fresh from their garden. They look so pretty with the vase of white roses, don't they?
  • Unfortunately the Mushroom Smiley Quiche was the only thing I had time to take a picture of. Like I said, I won't let you attend my party without an 'Asian flair', so there was some rice, and a colourful stir-fried vegetable. Really fuss-free, yet tasty. Oh, and Prawn Springrolls, too.
  • It was a heavy lunch, so we all went for a walk to Katzenseen, the lakes nearby. The children were all whinging about the scorching heat, and I was whinging about not having put on sunblock! Were we toasty red at the end of the day. But it was fun.

3 comments:

  1. This post makes me feel hungry! Is your crop sunflowers? That's what it would be down here, anyway. Well done for feeding such a bunch of people - I need help if I'm going to do that many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooher, I could tuck into that couscous right now, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhh! that couscous looks sooooooo delicious! I'm so hungry now! heehehe x

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)