Thursday, May 7, 2009

PIF - What I received from Floss

I jumped on the chance when Floss of Troc, Broc and Recup' was participating in a Pay-It-Forward. This was what she gave me:

It looked so precious.
And it felt so precious.

I immediately spotted that this round purse was hand-sewn.
Yes, sewn by hand, with a needle and thread!

Would you also believe that when Floss let us peek into her mother's treasures,
the hairs on my skin were standing from all that intricate Chinese silk embroidery?
A piece of history in my possession, literally.

Thank you so much Floss!

But you'll now have to tell me what "Fait pour toi" means!

1 comment:

  1. 'Fait pour toi' = 'Made for you'! I couldn't resist that ribbon when I spotted it in my local fabric shop. I'm soooo glad you like it, Juanita! When I make things I go through agonies about them not being as good as other peoples', and barely want to send them off because I feel so insecure about the whole thing. Pathetic really, because they aren't THAT bad! But your lovely words about that little purse make me feel a lot more confident, so thanks so much! It combines a lot of what I love most - natural fabrics, crafting from bygone years, and something practical you can use now. I've had to buy some more lace - I blogged about it today! Anyway, have a great time in Singapore, and let us know how you get on. (I'll try to be thinking of you as you fly - help you on your way with a bit of prayer!)

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)