Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vegetable Query: Catalogna

Catalogna

Stir-fried Catalogna

Another new vegetable adventure from the JuanitaTortilla kitchen: Catalogna.
[Might have been Cardoon, in The Hamlyn Vegetable Book I referred to.]

I was in the mood for Asian that evening, so I chopped these leaves and stalks, and did a simple stir-fry with oil, garlic and salt. While these leaves look harmless, I had to warn The Hubs to "proceed with caution" before taking a bite.

Bitter. I like some things bitter, so I didn't mind this stir-fried Catalogna too much.

Some other fabulous recipes, and great yummy pictures:
You bet I am definitely bookmarking these lovely food blogs!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Juanita! Have you tried catalogna on the pizza?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - thanks so much for stopping by at my blog! I'm not too much of a cook I'm afraid ~ but this looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vegetable adventures...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so yummy! I would like love to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)