Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Upside Down Cake, recipe by Apryl


I bought a secondhand spring-form baking tin, realising too late that it had rust spots in it. So, I lined the tin with wax paper for safe measure.
After 45min in the oven, the cake was light and springy to the touch.

I also successfully fumigated the apartment with burnt butter smoke.

Oh, the excitement -- my first spring-form tin cake!

The apples looked "uncooked"...


"Make sure it's done," Apryl advised in good time.
Indeed, the cake was not done. Back into the oven for another 20min, wrapped in foil.

Looks much better now!

We had 2 slices -each- for dessert, last night.

P.S. I used more butter than suggested, so the cake was really moist and buttery. And sweet, yum! Thanks Apryl :)

5 comments:

  1. that looks beutiful.. I hope you liked the recipe! and had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I might try this recipe out :D mmm I'm hungry now! hahaha this would go well with some nice hot tea! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I would really like to nibble on this cake for days! :D
    I'm so happy that you're participating in the swap. Megan is wonderful! We were partnered up a while ago for a swap, and I really, really loved what she made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy cake!!

    aww Jessica you have me blushin'!!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)