Tuesday, September 30, 2008

That Teal Vest

This is much belated; the Teal vest made from wool that Rima gave me, among many other things.
I got inspired and tried to work out Wenlan Chia's Balthazar Vest in her book, Twinkle's Big City Knits.
Note about the book: With its gorgeous pictures and designs, but not
having not knitted anything out from it, Big City Knits is sadly becoming a coffee table book. I do look at it to ooh-and-ah, once in a while, to get motivated. But just that.

Here's my take on that Balthazar vest:



I clearly wasn't rocking it, like these other ladies do.

Frogged it, and sought Ann Budd's Handy Book of patterns as a guide, and made Vest Version 2, which unfortunately, turned out to be another decorative vest.
Frogged it.
And then I committed myself to Version 3, a shorter but warmer vest:


Used up every bit of yarn there was!
Third time's the charm, they say.

I have to thank Rima, once again, for this gorgeous yarn. :)

1 comment:

  1. How so very cute! What a great job. The finished object is so much more wonderful than the yarn. Just stunning.

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)