Friday, April 18, 2008

Made a bit of fluffy yarn

Some
finger-twisting...
palm-rolling...
then
knitting...

Fluffy yarn from the master of fluff, Fluffy.

If you want to give a small shot at learning to make yarn (like myself), you probably won't need to purchase a spindle.
There is a real easy way to begin to learn, with a makeshift spindle:
http://www.africancrafts.com/davilojo/ed/lesson1.htm
Have yourself some fibre + a chopstick + a small potato or radish.

Another tip from a vintage (or retro) book I saw in the library:
A pencil + a ball of clay (or plasticine).
That's all you need!
Try it and let me know!
P.S. Fluffy's yarn was not made from a makeshift spindle.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the spindle tip... I have been wanting to lear to spin and I have a little bit of roving... and will give this a try! By the way... was that REALLY Fluffy's fur?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Yes Leslie! It REALLY IS Fluffy's hair!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)