Monday, October 15, 2007

Royal Fluffy Bed & Draft Stoppers


I came across a couple of tutorials that would recommend filling a draft stopper with kitty litter or play sand.
Having neither kitty litter nor any sand, I used what I had:
pebbles and cushions.

The couch is overflowing with cushions!
So I ripped 2 fleece cushions (of which I made 3 years ago), and transformed them into draft stoppers.
They fit perfectly; not an inch more, not an inch less, and nothing is left!

Having brought home Fluffy this last Saturday, I decided to make him a bed.
Being all too familiar with the game of 'desperate means and desperate measures',
I skipped the step of ripping open the velvet-y cushion, and used it as the base of the bed.
Transformed one of the white cushions into a tube,
and sewed it as a border.


 


Ta-daa, Fluffy, the King of the house, can now sit on his royal laureate.
And it fits his carrier too!

2 comments:

  1. Your bed looks great! It must have been tough sewing the pillow to the tube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attaching the tube wasn't too bad... It was similar to weaving seams of a knitted fabric!

    ReplyDelete

How I love comments. Thank you for stopping by; I really appreciate it :)